Senior High trip to Chamberlain— Sunday, August 1st
Join us for a 24 hour trip to Chamberlain and the St. Joseph Indian School. Here are the details of the trip:
- We will worship together on Sunday, August 1.
- We will then pack the vehicles and get ready to head to Mitchell for lunch (yes, a quick stop at Cabela’s to get our fishing supplies).
- We will arrive in Chamberlain around 2:30 p.m. at the Dignity Sculpture rest stop with museum.
- We will get to St. Joseph Indian School at 3:30 p.m. to meet with Mr. Mike Tyrel, the President of St. Joes’. He will talk about the deep history of the school and its goals. We will then be given a group, interpretive tour of the Akta Lakota museum.
- We will go and eat at Al’s Oasis (banquet room)
- Then to back to Saint Joe’s for sunset fishing/boat tours/evening campfire worship.
- To Trinity Lutheran church in Chamberlain where we will sit play relax and spend the night (think of later night group games to bring along?)
- Up for morning devotion…clean up/pack up/ head back to Mitchell, SD
and take in the Prehistoric Indian Village (Archeod ome), late breakfast/early lunch at McDonalds and be back at Beaver Valley on Monday,
August 2, around noon.
Sign up on the youth bulletin board or email email@example.com if interested in going on this fun trip!